with Sally Reynolds
One Day Workshop:
Friday 30th October 10am to 4pm
Saturday 31st October 10am to 4pm
Art Haven is excited to have talented multimedia artist Sally Reynolds from Mahana leading a one-day workshop designed to explore your creativity and thriftiness. Sally will teach the concept of slow or mindful stitching techniques along with the principles of collage. The workshop is suitable for everyone from experienced textile artists to beginners. As long as you’re happy wielding needle and thread you’ll be ready to collage.
Sally’s practice is based on reusing, recycling and reviving textiles, so you’ll get to dive into her suitcase of scraps! Participants are welcome to bring sentimental pieces of textiles, linen, heirlooms to incorporate into their own piece.
1 day workshop NZ $150pp
Minimum 4 – Maximum 8 people
Includes some materials, morning and afternoon tea and a delicious home cooked lunch
Sally will supply:
• calico or wool blanket pieces for stitching collage onto
• embroidery threads/floss
• large suitcase full of fabric scraps
What to bring:
• embroidery needle, needs to be sharp and have a large enough eye for embroidery threads
• pins and safety pins (quilting ones are best)
• embroidery threads if you have them
• embroidery hoop if you like to use one
• fabric scraps, old linen etc
• embellishments such as buttons, beads etc (optional)
Sally creates contemporary textile art pieces using a variety of techniques including, weaving, stitching and felting. She has been highly commended twice in the National Changing Threads Award and finalist in the Parkin Drawing Prize with a textile work. She is also an award-winning designer of wearable art creations; Nouveau Design Awards and WoolOn Creative Fashion Event.